Gordhan Implicates Zuma Friends in ‘Suspicious’ TransactionsBy and
Finance Minister seeks High Court order in Gupta-Bank Dispute
South African banks shut Gupta-controlled company accounts
South African Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan filed court papers that implicate President Jacob Zuma’s friends, the Gupta family, and companies they control in “suspicious transactions” totaling 6.8 billion rand ($475 million), signalling an escalation in the battle between the Treasury and the presidency.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy