Nigeria Trading Exchange Calls on Central Bank to Free NairaBy
‘Moral suasion’ used to bolster currency, FMDQ’s Onadele says
Bank CEOs wary of being ‘reprimanded’ over naira trades
The head of Nigeria’s foreign-exchange trading platform said the central bank is using “strong moral suasion” to prevent the naira from depreciating to a market-related level, and called on the regulator to let the currency float freely.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks