Texas’s Paxton Must Face Criminal Securities-Fraud TrialLaurel Brubaker Calkins
Attorney General’s lawyers will seek reconsideration at court
Paxton accused of luring investors without disclosing conflict
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton must face a criminal jury on state securities fraud charges even though a federal judge last week tossed out similar claims made by U.S. securities regulators. The state’s highest criminal appeals court refused Wednesday to review Paxton’s bid to dismiss the charges without a trial.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline