BMO Falls as Restatement Seen Akin to Cutting $1 Billion CapitalBy
Bank of Montreal says CET1 ratio at July’s end was 10%
Restatement means BMO has lowest CET1 ratio among Big 5 banks
Bank of Montreal fell the most in two months after restating its regulatory capital ratios for the first three quarters of the year, a move one analyst says is akin to erasing C$1.3 billion ($1 billion) of excess capital at Canada’s fourth-largest lender.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline