Volkswagen's Electric Foray Likely to Erode Profit Margin: ChartBy
Volkswagen AG’s plan to switch from dirty diesels to electric cars while delivering a 15 percent return on capital at the automotive division will be tough, according to Bloomberg Gadfly’s Chris Bryant. The brand’s operating margin is just 1.7 percent and the change will require investment in retooling factories and retraining workers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing