Communist China Looks for Independent Thinking as Problems LoomBloomberg News
Rising role for research groups contrasts with media crackdown
Local, economic issues an area for greater freedom of thought
The southern Chinese manufacturing hub of Dongguan’s decision to lure elite workers with cash payments of up to $3,000 owed much to a think tank founded in late 2013 after President Xi Jinping urged a greater role for research houses in policy making.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders