Obama Vetoes Saudi 9/11 Legislation, Opening Override BattleBy
Measure passed unopposed, risking first Obama veto override
Enactment would anger Saudi Arabia, key U.S. Middle East ally
President Barack Obama vetoed legislation that would allow families of victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks to sue Saudi Arabia, setting the stage for a fight that may end with the first veto override of his presidency.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing