Discovery May Charge TV Viewers to Watch Some Olympics SportsBy
Media company has European broadcast rights from 2018 to 2024
‘Olympics will be profitable for us,’ CEO Zaslav says
Discovery Communications Inc. is considering charging Olympics fans in Europe to watch niche sports like bobsledding and speed skating, part of an effort to squeeze more profit out of the games and test its growing direct-to-consumer business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline