Low Rates Don’t Increase Inequality, Bundesbank Study ShowsBy
Rate cuts can reduce unemployment and boost household incomes
Monetary policy as a whole has weak distributional effects
Claims that loose monetary policy leads to greater inequality are “very doubtful,” and low interest rates might actually reduce income disparities, a Bundesbank study shows.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster