Hedge Funds Cut Bearish Pound Bets Before Currency Slides: ChartBy
Hedge funds and money managers trimmed net bearish positions on pound futures for the third week, missing out as the currency fell 2 percent this week. Bets that sterling would fall outnumbered bullish wagers by 82,821 in the week to Sept. 13, a decline of almost 8 percent from a week earlier, according to data from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. The U.K. currency dropped after the Bank of England signaled Sept. 15 that further easing can’t be ruled out while keeping its key interest rate and asset-purchase target unchanged.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- China Hits Back on Trump Tariffs as Europe Off Hook for Now
- Bitcoin Falls on Fears of Regulatory Trouble for Big Crypto Exchange