Calm in U.S. Stock Market Over as 1 Percent Swings Return: ChartBy
It couldn’t last forever, and it didn’t. After failing to budge 1 percent in either direction for 43 straight days, the S&P 500 Index capped its fourth move of at least that much in the past five sessions with a 1 percent rally. While volatility may be returning after tepid end to summer, it pales in comparison to January and February, when the market swung that much almost 60 percent of the time.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's