Apple-Rivaling Margins Lift Japan Rail Operators’ Appeal: ChartBy
Japanese bullet-train operators are seeing their profitability rival Apple Inc.’s as operations in retail and property lift their margins. Gross margin at Central Japan Railway Co., known as JR Central, has surpassed that for the iPhone maker in at least four of the past six quarters, with the measure at East Japan Railway Co., or JR East, following close, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Kyushu Railway Co. will test investor appetite for such operations, with the company announcing Thursday the indicative pricing for its initial share sale targeted to raise $3.8 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’