Traders Are Skeptical About Bayer’s Chances With Monsanto: ChartBy
Monsanto Co. closed Wednesday at just $106.76 -- well below Bayer AG’s offer of $128 a share -- as wary traders remained skeptical that the deal will make it to completion. When you place the transaction among other megadeals from the past two years, it doesn’t look good: Both the Pfizer Inc.-Allergan Plc combination and Enterprise Products Partners LP’s bid for Williams Cos. were later terminated. While Anthem Inc.’s $48 billion takeover of Cigna Corp. is still possible, its spread has widened even further in recent months after U.S. regulators sued to block the deal.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses