BOE Rate to Stay at 0.25% as Economy Defies Brexit Gloom: ChartBy
Bank of England officials will publish their latest take on the economy at noon on Thursday, alongside their September policy decision. After cutting the key interest rate to a record low 0.25 percent last month, they will have assessed reports suggesting the economy may be holding up better than expected since the decision to quit the European Union. Governor Mark Carney and the rest of the Monetary Policy Committee are forecast to leave the benchmark rate and the asset-purchase programs unchanged, putting the focus on whether they still see scope for another rate reduction before the end of the year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts