Merkel Takes Aim at Populist ‘Lies’ Spread Through Social MediaBy
German chancellor says she’ll push to reach disaffected voters
Comments ahead of state election in Berlin on Sunday
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said policy makers need to counter populist “lies” spread on social media and that voters who support the anti-immigration Alternative for Germany don’t reflect majority opinion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy