Tycoon Minister Faces Czech Media-Ownership Ban With New LawBy
Bill bans state subsidies for companies owned by ministers
Finance Minister Babis says legislation violates his rights
The Czech parliament approved a bill banning future government members from owning media, a move that will force billionaire Finance Minister Andrej Babis to surrender control of his influential newspapers if he wants a cabinet post after 2017 elections.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing