BHP Says Australian Mining Tax May Risk Major Iron Ore ProjectBy
South Flank operation jeopardized by planed tax increase
Project planned to replace expiring deposits in country
BHP Billiton Ltd., the world’s largest mining company, said a proposed tax on producing iron ore in Australia would risk the development of a new project in the Pilbara region that may account for about a quarter of its iron output from the country.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt