Bayer’s Deal to Buy Monsanto Fails to Relieve Skepticism: ChartBy
Bayer AG’s success with its fourth offer for Monsanto Co. in four months did little to ease skepticism that the takeover will be completed, if Monsanto’s shares are any guide. The gap between the stock’s price and the per-share value of Bayer’s $66 billion proposal was as wide at $21.65 a share in early trading Wednesday. The spread exceeded an average of $17.75 between May 18, when Monsanto first confirmed it received an offer, and Tuesday.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap