Asterias Stem Cell Therapy Helps Paralyzed People in Small StudyBy
All five patients show improved upper limb motor control
Company approved to start giving a larger dose to patients
Asterias Biotherapeutics Inc.’s experimental therapy derived from human embryonic stem cells appeared to help five out of five paralyzed patients regain some feeling and motor control in their arms, hands and fingers, according to an interim look at results from an early study.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again