Merkel’s CDU Beats Anti-Immigration Party in Communal ElectionsBy
CDU received most support in Lower Saxony’s municipal vote
Lower Saxony prime minister says AfD now a ‘political factor’
Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union easily defeated an anti-immigration party in communal elections in Volkswagen AG’s home state on Sunday, a week after losing a vote in another state to the Alternative for Germany.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again