Zambia High Court Declines to Postpone Lungu’s Swearing InBy and
Opposition says it will appeal to the nation’s Supreme Court
President Edgar Lungu’s inauguration is scheduled for Sept. 13
Zambia’s High Court declined to block the inauguration of President Edgar Lungu, in a further legal setback for opposition leader Hakainde Hichilema’s push to have his petition against the outcome of an Aug. 11 election he claims was “stolen” be heard by the courts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing