Egypt Inflation Driven to Highest in at Least 7 YearsBy
Increase linked to pound’s weakening, electricity price hikes
Economists see new value-added tax fueling inflation further
Egypt’s annual inflation rate accelerated to 15.5 percent in August, driven to its highest level in at least seven years by the weakening of the currency and an increase in electricity prices.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders