Johannesburg Tightens Water Controls as Record Drought PersistsBy and
No sprinklers in gardens; extra charges for high consumption
Vaal Dam is just 34% full compared with 65% last year
South Africa’s biggest city tightened water restrictions as high spring temperatures and dry weather meant dam levels continued to drop, adding to the effect of record-low rainfall in 2015.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders