Rio Unit Richards Bay Minerals HR Manager Killed, Chamber SaysAna Monteiro
The human resources manager at Rio Tinto Group unit Richards Bay Minerals was killed outside his home in South Africa, the nation’s biggest mines lobby group said.
Ronny Nzimande was shot outside his home on Aug. 30, the Chamber of Mines said in a statement Monday. There has been “ongoing conflict over job-appointment processes” in Richards Bay, the chamber said. The town is on the nation’s northeastern coast and has the continent’s biggest coal-export terminal. A youth leader involved in a jobseekers’ committee and a relative of his were murdered four weeks earlier, it said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Southwest Airlines Gives $5,000 to Passengers on Fatal Flight
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week