Merkel Moves to Ease Turkey Tension by Clarifying Genocide VoteBy and
Conciliatory tone seeks to smooth relations with Erdogan
Merkel spokesman says government defends parliament’s rights
German Chancellor Angela Merkel clarified her government’s position on a three-month-old parliamentary vote recognizing the killings of Armenians a century ago as genocide, a move meant to strike a conciliatory tone and ease tensions with Turkey.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders