S&P 500’s Monthly Advance in Jeopardy Before Jobs Report: ChartBy
American stocks are clinging to their sixth monthly advance as traders await Friday’s jobs report, which may provide more clarity on the path for interest rates in the world’s largest economy. The S&P 500 Index on Tuesday trimmed its August gain to 0.1 percent amid mixed economic data and as remarks from policy makers spurred increased speculation over the timing of the Federal Reserve’s next move.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Southwest Airlines Gives $5,000 to Passengers on Fatal Flight
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week