Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote’s Wealth Plummets: ChartBy
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote’s fortune has fallen by 35 percent this year -- representing a loss of $5.4 billion -- on the back of a commodities slump and a devaluation of the naira in June. The cement mogul’s net worth is $9.9 billion, a 62 percent drop since January 2014, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Africa’s second-wealthiest person, South African Christo Wiese, trails Dangote by $2.8 billion with his fortune climbing 12 percent this year on the index.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Electric Buses Are Hurting the Oil Industry
- Why High-Flying U.S. Home Prices Seen Getting Another Jolt
- Stocks Push Higher; Dollar Reaches 3-Month Peak: Markets Wrap
- Ford Plans $11.5 Billion in Extra Cuts, Kills Most U.S. Cars
- American Cities Are Fighting Big Business Over Wireless Internet, and They’re Losing