Gold Bulls Lighten Up on Longs in Case of Yellen Surprise: ChartBy
Gold bulls aren’t taking any chances. Long positions in bullion futures and options, which reached a record last month, have dropped in five of the past six weeks as signs of an improving U.S. economy revive concerns that rates may rise. With Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen set to speak at the annual Jackson Hole symposium Friday, prices have declined this week as the market is “lightening up on exposure ‘in case’ Yellen surprises,” Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals Inc., said in a note.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks