Zain South Sudan Cuts Operations, Fires Staff to Survive WarBy
Unit of Kuwaiti mobile provider says survival is priority
Company focusing on major towns, targets 1 million subscribers
Zain South Sudan, a unit of Kuwait’s largest mobile-phone provider, has reduced operations and cut the number of its expatriate staff in an attempt to survive an economic crisis in the African nation spurred by more than two years of civil war.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’