Stock, Bond Rally Fizzles as Fischer Remarks Bolster Rate WagersBy , , and
Yellen’s speech consistent with possible Sept. hike: Fischer
Two-year Treasury yields at highest since June; dollar gains
The stock market optimism with Janet Yellen’s bullish comments on the U.S. economy fizzled after Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer said an interest-rate increase is possible in September. Bonds tumbled, while the dollar gained.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Why Arbitrage Traders Are Salivating Over Bitcoin Futures