Deal of the Week: The M&A Coverage ConundrumBy
As the number of media outlets -- and reporters -- covering deals has risen, so the news flow has boomed, creating what at times feels like an information overload. Looking for an example? Sanofi's attempted takeover of Medivation has yielded no fewer than 1,500 news stories since Bloomberg’s first report back in March -- an average of 10 stories a day for five months. Here, Jeff McCracken, Bloomberg's executive editor of deals, discusses the right and wrong ways to cover a fast-moving M&A story.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Electric Buses Are Hurting the Oil Industry
- Why High-Flying U.S. Home Prices Seen Getting Another Jolt
- Stocks Push Higher; Dollar Reaches 3-Month Peak: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Sink as Caterpillar, 3% Yields Rattle Bulls: Markets Wrap
- American Cities Are Fighting Big Business Over Wireless Internet, and They’re Losing