Record Silver ETFs Fail to Stem Slide in Metal Prices: ChartBy
Not even record holdings in exchange-traded funds backed by silver are enough to stop the metal from sliding to a seven-week low. Futures slumped for a third straight week, the worst streak since May 27, as precious metals retreated amid rising bets U.S. borrowing costs will increase this year, curbing the appeal of non-interest-bearing assets. Even money managers pared their bullish bets on the metal for a third week, government data show.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting