Jean ‘Toots’ Thielemans, Harmonica Wizard With Range, Dies at 94By
He played with Paul Simon, Miles Davis and Benny Goodman
Performed on movie soundtracks including ‘Midnight Cowboy’
Jean “Toots” Thielemans, the Belgian-born harmonica virtuoso and composer who worked with scores of musicians ranging from Charlie Parker to Paul Simon and whose haunting performance on the “Midnight Cowboy” theme led to his playing for dozens of movie and television soundtracks, has died. He was 94.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting