Who Will Replace Rajan at India’s RBI? A Not-So Short ListBy
Raghuram Rajan’s term as governor of the Reserve Bank of India expires Sept. 4 and a replacement may be announced as early as this week. Who will Prime Minister Narendra Modi name as Rajan’s successor? Bloomberg News assembled the following non-definitive list of eight possible candidates based on discussions with RBI watchers and reports in local media. With Modi keeping his cards close, the chances of an unexpected name is of course very real. A ninth wildcard candidate was added for this purpose.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline