U.S. Taps Supercomputer to Help Predict Dangerous FloodingBy
System can see storms that may trigger floods 30 days ahead
Announcement comes amid deadly flooding in Louisiana
In a week when heavy rains in Louisiana led to eight deaths and forced more than 20,000 people from their homes, the U.S. said it can now tap a supercomputer to better forecast flood events across all of the nation’s waterways.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Singapore Will Stop Increasing Car Numbers From February 2018
- Noble Group Warns of Loss Topping $1 Billion
- U.S. Stocks Drop at Start of Big Week for Earnings: Markets Wrap