China to Accelerate Steel Capacity Cuts After Missing TargetsBloomberg News
Coal capacity reduction through July at 38% of annual goal
Higher prices spurred wavering in mission to reduce supply
China plans to step up efforts to reduce overcapacity in its steel and coal industries after falling behind schedule in the first seven months, helping lift steel prices to their April highs on Tuesday as traders bet that supply will tighten.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline