Exelon to Take Over Entergy’s James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear PlantStephen Cunningham
Exelon Corp. agreed to take over ownership and management of Entergy Corp.’s James A. FitzPatrick nuclear plant after New York proposed subsidies for the industry earlier this month.
Under the agreement totalling $110 million, Entergy would transfer FitzPatrick’s operating license to Exelon, according to a statement on Tuesday. Exelon has committed to refueling FitzPatrick in January 2017.
Entergy said in July that it was in talks to sell FitzPatrick to Exelon by mid-August. Exelon already operates the R.E. Ginna and Nine Mile Point nuclear plants in the state. The subsidies are part of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s goal of getting half the state’s power from renewable sources by 2030.
Link to Statement:Link
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Facebook Plunges as Pressure Mounts on Zuckerberg Over Data