Philippines Slaps $21.3 Million Fine on Rizal Bank for HeistBy and
Central bank says penalty is largest meted out to a lender
Rizal Bank says it will pay in two equal batches, over 1 year
The Philippine central bank has slapped a 1 billion-peso ($21.3 million) penalty on Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. for violations of banking rules in connection with the $81 million theft of Bangladesh Bank reserves.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt