U.S. Labor Market Holds Firm Even as Jobless Claims Gain: ChartBy
The number of Americans filing applications for unemployment benefits rose for a second straight week, climbing by 3,000 to 269,000 in the period ended July 30, according to a Labor Department report released Thursday. Still, a decrease in continuing claims and a limited number of layoffs suggest that the U.S. labor market remains healthy. The median forecast in a Bloomberg survey called for filings to decrease to 265,000.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas