Tax-Free Back-to-School Shopping Over as States Cancel ReprievesBy
Massachusetts latest state to halt its tax-free shopping days
State says it lost $25.5 million from the tax holiday in 2015
Back-to-school time in Massachusetts isn’t just celebrated by stir-crazy parents. It’s also a chance to shop sales tax free -- or at least it was, until the state decided not to reinstate its sales-tax holiday this August for the first time since 2009 due to slowing state revenue.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day