Turkish Lira Slips Most in Two Weeks After Inflation AcceleratesBy
Annual consumer inflation accelerated to 8.79 percent in July
Lira declines as much as 1 percent against the dollar
Turkey’s lira fell after data showed inflation accelerated more than forecast in July, undermining confidence in the central bank’s resolve to control price gains that eat into returns on the nation’s assets. Stocks and bonds also dropped.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis