The Kiwi Property Hot Spot Leaving Auckland in the Dust: ChartBy
If you can’t beat ’em, move. New Zealanders priced out of Auckland’s housing boom are fueling another one -- about 90 minutes’ drive away. House prices in Hamilton, the nation’s fourth-most populous city, have surged 31.5 percent in the past year to an average NZ$513,094 ($370,043). For seven straight months, Hamilton has seen the highest annual house-price growth of any region in New Zealand -- where national values are now 45.4 percent above their 2007 peak.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Southwest Airlines Gives $5,000 to Passengers on Fatal Flight
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week