New York Fed Study Finds 15% of U.S. Households Have No WealthBy
Student loans and negative equity seen holding households back
Seven percent of homeowners report underwater on mortgages
Fifteen percent of American households have either zero or negative net wealth, according to a survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, potentially affecting their ability to save for major purchases and restricting their access to credit.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing