Australian Central Bank's Lowe Will Be the Economy's Main CarerBy
Government aims to reduce deficit, not provide fiscal support
Business lending drop suggests no sign of investment pick up
Incoming Australian central bank chief Philip Lowe faces the prospect of nursing a transitioning economy as the government focuses on reducing a budget shortfall to save the country’s AAA rating and economists forecast a Tuesday policy easing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap