Australian Central Bank's Lowe Will Be the Economy's Main CarerBy
Government aims to reduce deficit, not provide fiscal support
Business lending drop suggests no sign of investment pick up
Incoming Australian central bank chief Philip Lowe faces the prospect of nursing a transitioning economy as the government focuses on reducing a budget shortfall to save the country’s AAA rating and economists forecast a Tuesday policy easing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards