History No Friend to Emerging-Market Currencies as August LandsBy , , and
Currencies fell this month in seven of the past 10 years
Drop-off in liquidity seen extending losses from falling oil
Currencies of developing nations have had a great run since the aftermath of the Brexit vote, posting an advance in the past month or so that’s been bettered just once in 4 1/2 years. Now their gains may be about to come to an abrupt halt -- all because of a quirk of history.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Trump Boosts North Korea Sanctions, Adding Economic Pressure