Nostalgia for Indebted Italian Owner Erodes Pekao Premium: ChartBy and
Shareholders in Bank Pekao SA are wary that UniCredit SpA’s possible sale of a controlling stake will allow the Polish government to gain more influence. Political leaders in Warsaw are bent on boosting their control of the economy by moving the mostly foreign-owned financial industry into local hands. Shares in Poland’s second-largest bank slumped as much as 6 percent on Wednesday after a report that UniCredit may exit, driving its price-to-book ratio to a seven-year low.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO