Nostalgia for Indebted Italian Owner Erodes Pekao Premium: ChartBy and
Shareholders in Bank Pekao SA are wary that UniCredit SpA’s possible sale of a controlling stake will allow the Polish government to gain more influence. Political leaders in Warsaw are bent on boosting their control of the economy by moving the mostly foreign-owned financial industry into local hands. Shares in Poland’s second-largest bank slumped as much as 6 percent on Wednesday after a report that UniCredit may exit, driving its price-to-book ratio to a seven-year low.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's