Zimbabwe Arrests War Veterans Spokesman After Mugabe CriticismBy and
Arrest made after Mugabe vowed to punish vets who oppose him
Police say war veterans spokesman Mahiya held for questioning
Zimbabwean police arrested the spokesman for the main association of veterans of the southern African nation’s independence war after the group criticized President Robert Mugabe last week and said its members wouldn’t support him in elections in 2018.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock