Southern Africa Drought Appeal Gets $500 Million in Donor FundsBy
U.S, Britain, EU, UN among first to offer contributions
Southern Africa needs $2.7 billion to counter drought effects
The Southern African Development Community said its appeal for assistance to cope with the region’s worst drought in more than three decades has received $500 million in initial donor pledges.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Stocks Decline on Tech Woes While Treasuries Rally: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself