No-Win Oil Market Saps Profits for Refiners and Producers: ChartBy
Welcome to an oil market where everybody loses. Oil prices have slid 17 percent from a June peak, putting renewed pressure on producers. Refiners face shrunken margins, having pumped themselves into a price-killing fuel glut of their own. Tuesday, BP Plc posted a 45 percent slump in second-quarter earnings as its producing and refining divisions both suffered, while Valero Energy Corp.’s net income dropped 40 percent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap