Australia’s Dwindling Bond Rates Set to Spur Insurer Risk-TakingBy
Investment returns fell 47% to A$2.2 billion in 2015: Fitch
Insurers prop up profits with price hikes, cheaper reinsurance
Shrinking bond yields are challenging some of Australia’s most conservative institutional investors -- the nation’s general insurers -- as they struggle to generate income and safeguard thinning margins.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy